Supper Club × Raycast with Thomas Mann
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Thomas Mann about Raycast - an app that can replace Spotlight on your Mac, and do so much more.
Incidents are hard. Managing them shouldn’t be. FireHydrant makes it easy for anyone in your organization to respond to incidents efficiently and consistently. Intuitive, guided workflows provide turn-by-turn navigation for incident response, while thoughtful prompts and powerful integrations capture all of your incident data to drive useful retros and actionable analytics.
Did we mention that FireHydrant is free? Get started at Firehydrant.com/syntax
- 01:49 What is Raycast?
- Raycast Store
- 08:11 Do you have designers on your team to help guide UI?
- 10:13 Why build it native instead of HTML and CSS?
- 13:12 Why did you choose React?
- 21:54 How do you figure out what’s possible in system level APIs?
- 26:40 Snippets make use of SQLite
- 29:05 Encrypted local storage data
- 33:11 Any plans for theming for Raycast?
- 35:20 What is the pricing model?
- 37:06 What was your Y combinator experience like?
- Y Combinator
- 42:08 Any plans for future features?
- 44:08 Supper Club questions
- Leopold FC660C Black 65% Dye Sub PBT Mechanical Keyboard
- 51:25 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××