EP390 – The Age of the WordPress Acquisition
With all of the acquisitions occurring in the WordPress space we asked friend of the show Cory Miller from Business Value Academy and Post Status to discuss with us these various acquisitions and what to expect in the future.
- Buy and Sell WordPress Businesses-FlipWP
- Awesome Motive
- Major Acquisitions in the WordPress Market (2021 Included)
- WP Engine to Acquire Flywheel
- Hunter S. Thompson
- ProfilePress Rebrands and Repurposes WP User Avatar, Now a Membership Plugin, Users Revolt via the WordPress Review System – WordPress Tavern
What Is The Next Acquisition?
- We joked that Contact Form 7 could be purchased
- Sé thinks Gravity Forms
- Jason thinks that Matt will buy a backpack company
- Cory thinks EDD
- Steve says Ninja Forms
- Cosper says Hello Dolly
- Jason Tucker – jasontucker.blog
- Steve Zehngut – zeek.com
- Sé Reed – sereedmedia.com
- Jason Cosper – jasoncosper.com
- Cory Miller – businessvalueacademy.com
LOFT provides support for WordPress sites — including disaster preparedness, patches, maintenance and plugin management, content updates, and more — all for a flat monthly fee. Right now they’re offering a free trial. Check them out at https://poweredbyloft.com
Are You Looking For Brand Awareness?
You could be a show sponsor. Let people know you’re still in business and supporting your products. Supporting podcasts is a great way to repurpose your in-person conference budget.
We have been sponsored by big brands such as Kinsta and Cloudways. Why not get your audience in front of the thousands of people who download this show every month?
Yes, WPwatercooler has thousands of downloads every month. We’re not just a YouTube Show.