WPblab EP73 – WordPress Freelancers: Optimize Your Time With Social Tools
* Sharing buttons on your blog/site are super important – not everyone is going to have or install extensions to help them share your posts
* Facebook https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
* Twitter https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator
* Mashshare https://wordpress.org/plugins/mashsharer/ — social media share buttons
* Social Warfare https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-warfare/
* Yoast SEO Plugin — Allow Open Graph Data (Social Settings — Enable Facebook)
* Don’t install with another SEO plugin, just use it by itself!
* Make sure to use and update your metadata!!
* Don’t forget your feature images
* Use iOS to grab the featured image on a iPhone or iPad https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imagedrain-download-all-images-from-safari/id932866396?mt=8
* Buffer.com — Social sharing and scheduling for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google Plus
* Even the free account will allow you to set a schedule
* shares your content at the best possible times throughout the day so that your followers and fans see your updates more often
* Can choose to share posts immediately or save it to your queue
* 10 social profiles in the Awesome Plan for $10/mo
* Supports campaign tracking and analytics
* ReBuffer – find what’s performing well and reschedule it for posting again!
* Using the right tools for the right reasons is how you optimize your time
* Automation vs. Scheduling – automation does not involve human interaction, scheduling is a human carefully crafting posts and setting them up for optimal times
* Hootsuite.com / Hootsuite Pro is $14.99
* (Bridget’s affiliate link: http://signup.hootsuite.com/signup-upgrade/?utm_campaign=partner_commission_junction&utm_source=commission_junction&utm_medium=partner )
* Will either automatically schedule posts or you can choose a time
* Link Shortening: Bitly.com
* Branded short domains from Bitly – https://bitly.com/pages/landing/branded-short-domains-powered-by-bitly?
* Question: Scheduling Tweets, why do them at different times?
“Dispatch Content with Intention #GuruMinute”
* How to Post to Instagram and Twitter
* Keep social media content relative to the network your own – be aware of your venue
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.