Supper Club × Edge Functions and Deno with Eduardo Bouças of Netlify
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk edge functions and Deno with Eduardo Bouças of Netlify.
With Hasura, you can get a fully managed, production-ready GraphQL API as a service to help you build modern apps faster. You can get started for free in 30 seconds, or if you want to try out the Standard tier for zero cost, use the code “TryHasura” at this link: hasura.info. We’ve also got an amazing selection of GraphQL tutorials at hasura.io/learn.
Postlight is a strategy, design, and engineering firm that builds platforms for some of the biggest organizations in the world. The Postlight Podcast is hosted by senior leaders Rich Ziade, Paul Ford, Gina Trapani, and Chris LoSacco.
If you’re looking for answers to tough leadership questions, the Postlight Podcast has you covered.
Listen to new episodes every Tuesday, wherever you get your podcasts.
Did you know that many WordPress sites are not properly configured to send emails? With WP Mail SMTP, you can easily optimize your site to send emails, avoid the spam folder, and make sure your emails land in the inbox every time.
WP Mail SMTP comes with detailed email logs, email engagement tracking, visual email reports, weekly email summaries, integrations with popular email providers like SendLayer, Gmail, Outlook, and more!
- 00:36 Welcome
- 02:31 Who is Eduardo?
- 04:29 What is a serverless function?
- 06:42 What is the edge and an edge function?
- Edge Functions Explained
- 08:41 Sponsor: Hasura
- 09:18 The internet is global, and server locations matter
- 17:09 Chaining multiple edge functions
- 20:18 Sponsor: WP Mail SMTP
- 21:18 Why use Deno?
- 25:06 What are the limitations of using Deno?
- 28:12 Why not run NodeJS servers on the edge?
- 30:02 Do you see a future where people are writing packages that work anywhere?
- 32:00 Sponsor: Postlight Podcast
- 32:53 What about databases and serverless functions?
- 38:14 What language does Netlify use to write apps in?
- Netlify Edge Handlers
- 44:08 Supper Club questions
- S Town Podcast