Supper Club × Adam Cowley and Neo4j Database
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Adam Cowley about how Neo4j Database can help when working with data for your next app.
Gatsby - Sponsor
Today’s episode was sponsored by Gatsby, the fastest frontend for the headless web. Gatsby is the framework of choice for content-rich sites backed by a headless CMS as its GraphQL data layer makes it straightforward to source website content from anywhere. Gatsby’s opinionated, React-based framework makes the hardest parts of building a performant website simpler. Visit gatsby.dev/syntax to get your first Gatsby site up in minutes and experience the speed. ⚡️
Lightstep Incident Response - Sponsor
Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial of Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Usage-based pricing on active services promotes collaboration across your entire team to build a culture of service ownership. Listeners of Syntax will also receive a free Lightstep Incident Response T-shirt after firing an alert or incident.
Pay for the services you use, not the number of people on your team with Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial. Fire an alert or incident today and receive a free Lightstep Incident Response t-shirt.
- 00:15 Welcome
- 01:24 Guest introduction
- 03:15 Browser innovation and testing
- 05:01 What is a graph database?
- Neo4j Cypher
- Sanity Groq
- 08:11 Is there a specific type of data that works best in a graph database?
- 11:57 Sponsor: Lightstep Incident Response
- 13:14 What’s AuraDB vs Neo4js?
- 15:01 Whiteboard friendly data model
- 19:52 How are GraphQL and graph related?
- 23:08 Can you sync with MongoDB?
- 24:41 How do you pull data into a div on the web?
- 29:19 Why are you used for data science a lot?
- 30:43 Sponsor: Gatsby
- 31:51 Is visualization an important part of Neo4js?
- Neo4j Bloom
- 36:01 Do you have to think about indexing with graph databases?
- 39:43 Are there uses Neo4j isn’t as good for?
- 40:22 Do you have to cache queries?
- 41:26 Dessert questions
- Intellijet Idea
- Cobalt 2 Theme
- 50:36 Shameless Plug
- Neo4j Desktop
- Neo4j Cloud
- 54:45 ××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
Tweet us your tasty treats
- Scott’s Instagram
- LevelUpTutorials Instagram
- Wes’ Instagram
- Wes’ Twitter
- Wes’ Facebook
- Scott’s Twitter
- Make sure to include @SyntaxFM in your tweets