It's Go Time!
In this inaugural show Erik, Brian, and Carlisia kick things off by sharing some recent Go news that caught their attention, what to expect from this show, ways to get in touch, and more.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Go 1.6.1 and 1.5.4 are released to address two security issues.
Visual Studio Code is downright pleasant for Go development. It won’t ever replace vim-go for me, but i’m impressed. via Brian Ketelsen
The Washington Post Engineering wrote a post titled Embrace Go – A modern programming language
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!