Jessie Frazelle on Maintaining Open Source, Docker, dotfiles
Jessie Frazelle joins us this week to talk about being an open source maintainer, Docker’s pull request acceptance workflow, dotfiles, getting started with public speaking.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Pick a Plan. Pick a Distro. Pick a Location. Start your server and use
gotime20to get $20 in credit.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Equinox – Build, package and distribute self-updating Go apps to your customers. It’s perfect for CLI tools and on-premise Go software.
- Jessie Frazelle – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Interesting Go Projects and News
- GoBridge Talk Formula
- GoKit: A toolkit for microservices
- Francesc Campoy: Analyzing Go code with BigQuery (blog post)
- The complete guide to Go net/http timeouts (blog post)
- A pipeline-based CI system written in Go
- Changelog Weekly
- Changelog Nightly
Free Software Friday
- Brian - jq: command line json tool
- Carlisia - Go testing in the browser: goconvey
- Jessie - A simple utility to safely retrieve arbitrary files and Michael Crosby’s world best gists
- Erik - Ranger: console file manager with VI key bindings
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!