Matt Holt on CaddyServer, the ACME Protocol, TLS
This episode wins the contest for the most protocols discussed. Matt Holt joined the show to to talk about TLS, Let’s Encrypt, the ACME protocol, CaddyServer, and a host of other important information security issues.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice! We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
gotime20to get 2 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Equinox – Build, package and distribute self-updating Go apps to your customers. It’s perfect for CLI tools and on-premise Go software.
- Matt Holt – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Caddy 0.9 Released with All New Core (blog post)
- Papaparse: a CSV parser for the browser
- websocketd: Turn any program that uses STDIN/STDOUT into a WebSocket server. Like inetd, but for WebSockets.
- Let’s Encrypt: free SSL certificates
- PKI (wikipedia)
- Key concepts of information security: Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Non-repudiation
- Bulletproof TLS Newsletter
- ACME Protocole
- Extended Validation Certificate
- Manage TLS certificates automatically via LetsEncrypt.org
- Automated wrapper to add let’s encrypt support to go servers
Interesting Go Projects and News
- GopherCon Brasil sponsorship prospectus
- Hewlett Packard Go AST Scanner
- Static analysis tool for Go that protects against SQL injections
- Synchronization, error propagation, and Context cancelation for groups of goroutines working on subtasks of a common task
- Brad Fitzpatrick’s functest library
- Go wrapper for the .NET Core Runtime
- Fatih’s vim-go tutorial
- Keep track of upcoming vim-go features
Free Software Friday
- Brian - Python
- Carlisia - Exercism good first patches
- Matt - A QUIC protocol server implementation in pure Go: faster HTTPS communication
- Erik - Mosh: the mobile shell, Wireshack Troubleshooting with Wireshark: Locate the Source of Performance Problems (book) , and TCP Dump
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!