State of Go Survey and Go at Heroku
Ed Muller from Heroku join us to discuss his State of Go survey, vendoring and versioning, the Heroku Go Buildpack, how they use Go at Heroku, and more.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Ed Muller – Twitter, GitHub
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Brian Ketelsen – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Go at Heroku
- GopherCon 2015 Videos (look for Ed)
- #vendor channel on Gophers Slack
- Gophers, please tag your releases
- Heroku Go Buildpack
- A consistent distributed data store
- State of Go Survey results presented at GopherCon 2016
Interesting Go Projects and News
- Sourcegraph editor
- EweyGewey is an OpenGL based GUI library written in Go
- Gob: An Experimental Pure Go Web Browser
- Gogs: a painless self-hosted Git service
- Setting Up a Personal Gogs Git Server
- go get for GitHub
- Heroku Go open source repositories
Free Software Friday
- Brian - git-branches: prints the commit behind/ahead counts for branches
- Carlisia - Pachyderm: store and analyze your data using containers
- Ed - Visual Studio Code
- Erik - Kafka (Kafka on Heroku)
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!