Gopherize.me, GitHub Stars, BitBar
Feb. 9, 2017, 6 p.m. (6 years, 1 month ago)
Mat Ryer joined the show to talk about creating your own Gopher avatar with Gopherize.me, the importance of GitHub Stars, his project BitBar, and other interesting Go projects and news. Special thanks to Kelsey Hightower for guest hosting too!
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Backtrace – Reduce your time to resolution. Go beyond stacktraces and logs. Get to the root cause quickly with deep application introspection at your fingertips.
- Ultimate Go – Ardan Labs offers some of the best training classes for Go, Web and Data Science. They offer two and three full day intensive courses that literally takes any developer, even at different experience levels, to a whole new level. Get in touch and tell them you heard about their classes on Go Time!
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Erik St. Martin – Twitter, GitHub
- Carlisia Thompson – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Kelsey Hightower – Twitter, GitHub
- Create your very own Gopher avatar with gopherize.me
- Buffalo from Mark Bates
- Beautiful Packages in Go
- We talked through the Go 1.8 release notes
- murlokswarm/app - Like Electron but in Go
- gdlv - Linux GUI for Delve
- Fission - A framework for serverless functions on Kubernetes
- Your First PR: Contributing to an Open Source Go Project
- Kelsey Hightower predicted the future! - “it’s Go Time!”
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
No comments have been posted yet, be the first one to comment.
It's Go Time!
In this inaugural show Erik, Brian, and Carlisia kick things off by sharing some recent Go news that caught their attention, what to expect from this show, ways to get in touch, and more. Discuss on Changelog News Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disa...
Sarah Adams on Test2Doc and Women Who Go
On this show we’re joined by Sarah Adams. We talk about creating safe spaces for women to get started in the Go community, about Women Who Go, and take a deep dive into her Test2Doc open source project. Discuss on Changelog News Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and ma...
State of Go Survey and Go at Heroku
Ed Muller from Heroku join us to discuss his State of Go survey, vendoring and versioning, the Heroku Go Buildpack, how they use Go at Heroku, and more. Discuss on Changelog News Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today! Sponsors: Li...
Jessie Frazelle on Maintaining Open Source, Docker, dotfiles
Jessie Frazelle joins us this week to talk about being an open source maintainer, Docker’s pull request acceptance workflow, dotfiles, getting started with public speaking. Discuss on Changelog News Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join tod...
Matt Holt on CaddyServer, the ACME Protocol, TLS
This episode wins the contest for the most protocols discussed. Matt Holt joined the show to to talk about TLS, Let’s Encrypt, the ACME protocol, CaddyServer, and a host of other important information security issues. Discuss on Changelog News Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to th...
Go Time: Golang, Software Engineering
Your source for diverse discussions from around the Go community. This show records LIVE every Tuesday at 3pm US Eastern. Join the Golang community and chat with us during the show in the #gotimefm channel of Gophers slack. Panelists include Mat Ryer, Jon Calhoun, Natalie Pistunovich, Johnny Boursiquot, Angelica Hill, Kris Brandow, and Ian Lopshire. We discuss cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, microservices, Kubernetes, Docker… oh and also Go! Some people search for GoTime or GoTimeFM and can’t find the show, so now the strings GoTime and GoTimeFM are in our description too.
Go (Golang) is a programming language that is statically typed and compiled. The language was designed by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson at Google. Go compiles down to machine code which makes the language really fast. On top of that, the la...
GitHub is a platform for open source projects and software development version control using Git. GitHub itself is closed source and was originally created by GitHub Inc, which later was acquired by Microsoft for $7.5 billion in 2018, in an attempt to fur...
How to Install Go on Linux
Download the latest Linux version of Go You can download the latest binary from https://go.dev/dl/ Extract the archive you downloaded into /usr/local, creating a Go tree in /usr/local/go. Important: This step will remove a previous installation at /usr/local/go, if any, prior to extr...